Fall 2022 Offense

Date- Oct 15 2022


 Offense

Written by Anna O’Donoghue


About from Goodreads.com

After a soul-crushing Tinder date, a woman returns to her apartment to cook some squid and seethe. Her eye starts to itch; her memory starts to skip, and she starts to spiral. Offense is an auditory explosion and an exploration of the rash of loneliness...and what happens when the voices inside our heads start to warp.



Pros

  • Funny


  • I understood how the main character, my mind whorls like her


  • The Narrator 


  • The ending was shocking






Quotes I love

  • “It's Clear as to who wears the pants” - Unnamed main character


  • Okay he has no sense of humor.


  • Okay back to job interview 




Review

    I was super happy with how easy it was to relate to  the main character. With having ADHD during conversation you have a completely different conversation in your head. I feel like most books dont have people that show mental illness to this level. Another thing I relate to is having social anxiety and being nervous around others. The third thing I related to is when I think too much I begin to spiral just like she did. 

    The last thing I really enjoyed was the ending, I was so shocked by it and I didn't expect it.



5 /5 ⭐️




Info


Trigger warning-  Mental Health, Gore


Spice level-  0/ 5 🌶


Trope-NA


Other books in the Series-NA


Publish date-June 2022


Awards-NA


Genres- Metaphysical, Visionary, Mental Illness, 








Comments

Popular Posts