Fall 2022 The Cabin

Date- 9.19.22-10.10.22


Reading in a book club


 The Cabin

Written by Jasinda Wilder


About from Goodreads.com

One year ago, I buried my husband. 

One year ago, I held his hand and said goodbye. 

Now I spend most of my days lost somewhere between trying to remember every smallest detail of our lives and trying to forget it all. I fill my hours with work until I’m too exhausted to remember him, to feel anything at all. 

One year, 365 days—and then one knock at my door changes everything. A letter from him, the last request, a secret will: 


My dearest Nadia,

Trust me, my love. One last time, trust me. Sometimes the epilogue to one story is the beginning of another.



Pros

  • So Detailed

 

  • The cabins and the town they are by reminding me of my family’s cabin


  • The ending was cute



Cons

  • Don't feel connected to the characters, like I could care less about what happens to them  


  • Characters are boring


  • Toxic relationships 



Quotes I love

  • Oh, the irony,” he laughs. “Buying tea as a gift while in Boston researching the Revolutionary War.” -Adrian


  • “I know. I just… I have to write this.” -Adrian


  • “Oh, what a pile of moose poop.” -Tess





3/5 ⭐️

Recommended to-People that enjoy reading about toxic relationships




Info


Trigger warning-  Death of a Spouse, Cancer, Alcoholism 


Spice level- 3 / 5 🌶


Trope- Friends to Lovers, Widows


Other books in the Series-NA


Publish date-October 2020


Awards-NA


Genres- Romance, Drama







Comments

Popular Posts