Fall 2022 The Sun Down Motel

Date-Oct 5 2022- Oct 10 2022


 The Sun Down Motel

Written by Simone St. James 


About from Goodreads.com

The secrets lurking in a rundown roadside motel ensnare a young woman, just as they did her aunt thirty-five years before, in this new atmospheric suspense novel from the national bestselling and award-winning author of The Broken Girls.

Upstate NY, 1982. Every small town like Fell, New York, has a place like the Sun Down Motel. Some customers are from out of town, passing through on their way to someplace better. Some are locals, trying to hide their secrets. Viv Delaney works as the night clerk to pay for her move to New York City. But something isn't right at the Sun Down, and before long she's determined to uncover all of the secrets hidden…



Pros

  • Hard to put down


  • The cover drew me in 


  • Gave me chills 


  • The twists



Cons

  • The two main characters are a bit to like which made me forget who was doing what



Quotes I love

  • Door to number 103 has begun to open again. Prank calls. No one here. Tracy Waters is dead.


  • “One Vertebra is smushing down into the one below. They say I have to have surgery, but I can’t do it, I’m too Neurotic.” -Heather


  • “You can’t take business classes. You’re a Fell girl. I know it already.” - Heather


  • Which meant I needed to work nights at the Sun Down Motel. “Okay,” I said. “I’ll do it. What could possibly go wrong?”





4 /5 ⭐️

Recommended to- people that want a chilling read 




Info


Trigger warning-  Kidnapping, Rape (mentioned), Stalking


Spice level-0  / 5 🌶


Trope-NA


Other books in the Series-NA


Publish date- February 2020 


Awards-Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Mystery and Thriller (2020), Ladies of Horror Fiction Award Nominee for Best Novel (2020)


Genres- Mystery, Horror, Thriller, Paranormal







Comments

Popular Posts